Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Last Day of European Extravaganza 2011

Yesterday we spent the day in Westminster.  We got off the tube at Big Ben, which still amazes me every time we see it.  We walked to Westminster Abbey and went to church (since it was free to go to church, and 16 pounds to take an official tour.... and we're cheap at the end of this trip).  We walked in the same door that Prince William and Princess Catherine walked in at their wedding a couple weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (we found out when Windsor Castle was trying to sell the dvd copy, and we watched it while in line...)  Pretty epic if you ask me.

We kind of wandered along London looking in more tourist shops.  I seriously don't know how I'm going to fit everything.... I hope Tony has room....  We came home and played games with the girls.  It was a great night.  We also watched Toy Story 3 which was adorable.

Here's our picture in front of Big Ben!

Today was our last full day in London on our European Extravaganza trip :(  We definitely packed it full though!  We booked a tour to go see Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Oxford.  It was a lot of fun.

Windsor Castle was so big!  I definitely need to live in a castle like that.  Queen Mary's dollhouse was my favorite.  We also got to see the changing of the guard!  Sadly, we didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted to before we had to get back on the bus and go to Stonehenge.  It was cool, but I have to admit that after about 20 minutes, it was kind of overrated.  But here's the classic picture.  Tony was grimacing in all of them, so he didn't make the cut for the blog :)


We then went to Oxford and had a walking tour of the town.  We didn't see Oxford University, but we saw a lot of the other universities and colleges (such as Trinity College).  More tourist shopping and more opportunities to share clothes with Tony's suitcase occurred.  Then it was back on the bus and back to London.  We went to a pub for our last official dinner and had some really good food.  I think we're going to miss it.

Tomorrow, we return to Iceland and then to Minneapolis.  I know you all are sad to think that this blog is coming to a close, but fear not!!  Once I get home, I'm going to keep uploading pictures from actual cameras of cool things to keep you all entertained and happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment